"It is the responsibility of scientists today to create a sustainable biomedical community for the scientists of tomorrow."
"Reuse from the Past.
Recycle for the Present.
Secure the Future."
-Reid Jones, Western Washington University, Intern
Mt. Baker takes full responsibility for all our activities and the ways our decisions will affect the environment. Our goal is to lead the industry in developing services and solutions that reduce the environmental impact of our biomedical laboratories.
Our Sustainability Partners:
- Green Business Bureau
- Eco-Chamber of Commerce
How we minimize our Carbon Footprint:
- Support Local Business: Reducing the consumption of fossil fuels, packaging, and stimulates the local economy.
- Carbon Neutral Catalogs : Reduces paper and packaging waste.
- Recyclable, reusable, and biodegradable packaging.
- We have instituted numerous sustainability efforts, such as
- energy efficient lighting and appliances,
- recycling of cans/glass/paper/plastic,
- using re-usable or biodegradable utensils, phosphate free cleaning agents, and biodegradable waste bags.
- Mt. Baker Bio reduces fossil fuel consumption by using public transportation and/or carpools.
- Utilize recyclable, reusable, and biodegradable packaging.
How We Help the Biomedical Community:
- Development & promotion of sustainable lab practices and protocols.
- Lead contributor to the King County Waste Management Guide 2011
- Plastic packaging waste diversion/recycling.
- Manufacturing of "green" single-use plastic alternatives.
- Green chemistry product development.