RNA extraction and purification
Extraction of highly pure and intact RNA (total RNA, mRNA, and miRNA) from a variety of samples including tissues (fresh or preserved), blood, saliva, cell cultures, plants, and forensics samples.
DNA extraction and isolation
Extraction of highly pure DNA from a variety of samples including tissue (fresh or preserved), blood, saliva, other body fluids, cell cultures, plants, and forensics samples.
Plasmid isolation and purification
High quality plasmid DNA from the Mini to Giga scale is available for many applications including DNA sequencing, transfection, and DNA-mediated antibody production. Resin based methods are used to prepare highly pure plasmid DNA preparations with an option of making these endotoxin-free. Comparable services are available for BAC, lambda, and cosmid DNA.
We offer a complete genotyping by PCR method and DNA sequencing. We can screen hundreds of samples per day for large and small scale projects.
SNP genotyping: offers Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping for large and small scale projects including SNP discovery, validation, and screening. Accurate and reproducible results are more accessible for projects of any size with the use of an established platform and optimized. SNPs from any organism can be genotyped.
- STR genotyping: offers a complete Fragment Analysis of Short Tandem Repeats (STR) or microsatellite (MS) genotyping service.
- Genotyping by PCR: offers a complete genotyping by PCR service for screening alleles based on gene structure. Alleles in any organism can be detected by identifying unique nucleotide elements in the target gene(s) of genomic DNA (or RNA via cDNA) at the PCR amplification stage, in the PCR product or both. This strategy is an effective and efficient method for detecting and screening gene insertions, deletions, or rearrangements in natural or artificial gene constructs.
- Genotyping by DNA sequencing: offers a complete Genotyping by DNA Sequencing for screening alleles based on nucleotide sequence. Alleles in any organism are detected by PCR amplification of the target gene and DNA sequencing of the resulting PCR product. Dilution PCR analysis or bulk PCR product subcloning and screening followed by DNA sequencing is an additional service provided for reliable analysis of single point mutations in low abundance. DNA sequencing is one of the most definitive methods available for allele identification and genotyping.
Southern and Northern blot
We offer service of the traditional Southern and Northern blot. A probe specific to the gene of interest is generated by PCR amplification or restriction digestion, and then radioactively labeled with α-P32-dCTP. Total RNA or digested DNA with appropriate restriction enzymes are electrophoresed on agarose gel, denatured, transferred to membrane, and hybridized to radiolabeled probe. Band densities are visualized and quantitated using spot densitometry.
We offer services for cloning and subcloning of known and unknown sequences of DNA from plasmid, cosmid, genomic DNAs, PCR products, and any other sources.
- Insert fragment preparation and purification;
- Vector fragment preparation and purification;
- Ligation and transformation of bacteria;
- Identification of insert-carrying clones;
- Restriction mapping of insert-carrying clones;
- Plasmid DNA preparation of selectively produced clone;
- Sequence analysis of cloning junctions.
- Cloning and sub-cloning
- Cloning using RT-PCR products
- Full-length ORF cloning
- Directional sub-cloning
- 5´ RACE and 3´ RACE
cDNA library construction and screening
We provide services to construct cDNA libraries for you from the tissues, cells, or RNA that you provide. All libraries feature high quality cDNA that are directionally cloned for use a variety of applications including expression, antibody screening, subtraction and normalization studies. All libraries have a large number of primary clones and low vector background.
- Extraction of RNA from a variety of samples
- Directional cloning of cDNAs into any vector
- Production of a library with at least 106 cfu
- Library delivered on plates, filters or glycerol stock
- Verification of library quality by randomly picking clones and determining insert sizes by restriction digest
Offers a complete mutagenesis service for creating single or multiple point mutations, deletions, insertions or random mutations into any target gene. Fast and efficient mutagenesis methods allow us to quickly create novel constructs for large and small projects alike.
- Site-directed mutagenesis: Based on PCR primer design, any type of mutation, such as deletions, insertions, or substitutions, can be introduced into your genes in a single or multiple sites. Any desired changes in amino acids, or deletions and insertions of restriction sites can be made into the genes of your interest.
- Random site mutagenesis: Create of random mutagenesis library of any desired complexity to any gene of your interest